Thank you everyone who turned out to Murder Mystery! It was a blast acting in it and misleading you all into thinking I murdered Mitch. The purely fictional activity had an amazing turn out and everyone enjoyed themselves! Thanks for staying the entire time Matt! I hope you had fun there and playing cards with people!
Come join the wing as we adventure to the CFA on Friday at 6:30 in order to see Rocky Horror Picture Show. There is a lot of negative stigma around the movie. This is an interactive showing that includes some live acting as actors do the fun portions of the movie and the audience joins them. We get to cut up and laugh and explore an exciting new kind of horror! Step out of your comfort zone and lose your Rocky Horror First-Timesies.
Hello again! Here are five things (not needed to be purchased) that help the wing be cleaner and make your residence hall life that much easier!
- A Shower Caddy! Shower Caddies allow you to conveniently carry things to the bathroom and are water proof allowing you to change one small but tedious thing in hall life.
- Flip Flops These allow you to protect your feet from whatever may be in the shower floors and from the bathroom floors. They are easy to slip on in case you need to run to the bathroom at night. Though they aren’t necessary and you are a responsible bathroom user others might not be and you want that off your feet. Often times they are on sale at the local wall mart for $2.
- Box Fan Box fans will do wonders for you. There isn’t air conditioning in Pickard at all so it is up to you to cool your room. While you can buy them here at Walmart they sell fast so picking one up while in your neck of the woods may not be a bad idea. They fit perfectly in the windows here and will help a lot on hot days or for move in.
- Tupperware Tupperware is useful for a multitude of things such as storing food or as makeshift plates and things for eating in the room.
- Duct Tape Duct tape does….. basically everything…. and comes in handy a lot more than you would think.
Hello everyone! I am super excited to get to meet you all as we start the 2016-2017 school year! I am returning as a second year RA . I plan to have a lot of cool programs put together in order to make transitioning to campus easier for you all in order to help make friends quickly or get you aware of how to use campus. This way you can become an ol’ pro at the college thing quicker. There will be a lot of opportunities throughout this year for you to learn more about yourself, further your academic career, and start to become a leader on campus. There are tons of skills that will carry into life but as with any opportunity; in order to get the best of it you need to participate in that. As a tip as much effort as you put into things will be the quality that you get out! So try your best and lets make the year great!
I hope everyone had a great break! We are almost to the end here so you just have to be on the grindstone a short few weeks and it will all be done! There are a ton of events coming up so keep posted on the happenings in the hall, wing, and campus by looking here! Also, I do have candy to hand out if you stop by my room to ask for some and to say hello!
Nintendocore! GeeGolly Connor, what’s Nintendocore? Well, Nintendocore is a genre focused on combining the sounds of metalcore with 8-bit videogame music! Be sure to check it out. Some artists are kind of weird and undeveloped in their sound. The genre seems to have died off, but it still happened. Be sure to check it out!
The Minecraft server is now live! Talk to me about getting onto the server and we shall see what we can do! Hopefully, this will be a good network to get to know each other better and make new friends. Then get to see each other’s personalities.
Hello 2 West! This video is an analysis of the Campus Climate Survey discussing happenings on your own campus. Be sure to look at it and be educated!